This week's spellings are words with the short vowel sound /i/ spelt with y
Please practise these words everyday throughout the week and test the children on FRIDAY.
Ways to practise spellings:
- Make sure you understand the meanings of the words-can you put them into a sentence?
- Use the spellings for handwriting practice
- Look, cover and write
- Rainbow words (using a different colour for each of the letters of sounds)
- Word pyramids (writing the word one letter at a time until you build up the the whole world)
- Make your own wordsearch or crossword