This week's spellings: words with the long vowel sound /i/ spelt with a y
apply, supply, identify, occupy, multiply, rhyme, cycle, python, hygiene and hyphen
See the spellings for this half term below:
Please practise these words everyday throughout the week and test the children on FRIDAY.
Ways to practise spellings:
- Make sure you understand the meanings of the words-can you put them into a sentence?
- Use the spellings for handwriting practice
- Look, cover and write
- Rainbow words (using a different colour for each of the letters of sounds)
- Word pyramids (writing the word one letter at a time until you build up the the whole world)
- Make your own wordsearch or crossword