Welcome to Year 5!
Welcome back everyone and welcome to Year 5!
This year, Year 5 will be taught by Mrs Lingard and Mrs Carson. Mrs Lingard will be teaching on Monday, Thursday and Friday. Mrs Carson will be teaching on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Please find all the information about the term, including homework information and PE days in our topic letter (see letters home tab).
If you have any concerns or questions about the year, please speak to either of us on the playground after school or contact the school office to make an appointment.
Please have a look at the links below to see our knowledge organisers for the year and read about some of the topics and learning we will do in Year 5.
Looking forward to a wonderful year of learning.
Mrs Lingard & Mrs Carson
Reading books online
School have paid to upgrade our subscription to Oxford Owl which now means you can access 550 ebooks from home. Go to www.oxfordowl.com, click 'log in', click 'students' and use the class login details shown on TEAMS (email your class teacher if you can't access TEAMS). You can search for books using the age groups. Happy reading!
Things to remember:
- New spellings given out (these are on the website too-look under the spellings tab at the top)
- PE in the afternoon-please come to school in PE kit appropriate for outdoor PE lessons
- Homework due in on Microsoft Teams (you may bring in paper copies of your work if you are unable to load a photo onto Microsoft Teams)
- Reading folders and signed reading records due in
- Spelling test
- New homework assigned on Microsoft Teams (please speak to Mrs Lingard if you are having trouble with access)