Welcome to Year 5!
Welcome back everyone and welcome to Year 5!
My name is Miss Bessant and I will be teaching you this year. This is my first year teaching, however as many of you know I loved being at Westgate so much during my training placement I was desperate to come back!
We are very lucky to have some amazing adults working with us during the week. Mrs Price is with us every morning, Mrs Scott is with us every afternoon apart from Mondays and Mrs Carson is with us all day Monday!
I am looking forward to our year ahead and the learning that we will do together. We have some great topics to cover in Year 5! Please take a look at our 'Knowledge Organiser' page to see some of the topics coming up.
There are other useful tabs and links on this page such as a link and guide to using Microsoft Teams (where all our homework and any remote learning will be set). Spellings will also be updated each week and useful information and letters added throughout the year.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. My email address can be found in the school newsletter and I am available on the playground after school too.
I am so excited for our year together!
Reading books online
School have paid to upgrade our subscription to Oxford Owl which now means you can access 550 ebooks from home. Go to www.oxfordowl.com, click 'log in', click 'students' and use the class login details shown on TEAMS (email your class teacher if you can't access TEAMS). You can search for books using the age groups. Happy reading!
Things to remember:
- New spellings given out (these are on the website too-look under the spellings tab at the top)
- PE in the afternoon-please come to school in PE kit appropriate for outdoor PE lessons
- Homework due in on Microsoft Teams (you may bring in paper copies of your work if you are unable to load a photo onto Microsoft Teams)
- Reading folders and signed reading records due in
- Spelling test
- New homework assigned on Microsoft Teams (please speak to Mrs Lingard if you are having trouble with access)